Aretusa Vacanze has an excellent location in Ortygia, the beautiful old town of Syracuse.
Finding some of our accommodation in Sicily has proved to be quite a challenge, however we have very clear instructions from Aretusa Vacanze B&B as to what to enter into our GPS, where to park and who to phone on arrival to help with the luggage. All goes to clockwork and when we phone, Michael meets us to help us take the luggage to the accommodation – about 100 metres away in a small pedestrian street.
Someone stays with the car, as we are parked in a bus stop, so once Michael has shown us into the B&B he goes back to show us where to park the car – in fact he drives the car to the carpark!
In the meantime, Anton checks us into our room. We have Room 8 on the 3rd floor. There is a small lift which is a blessing as we don’t have to carry the bags up three flights of stairs.
Room 8 is a spacious suite with two bedrooms, one bathroom and a small kitchen in the main bedroom.
- King size bed with two small bedside tables, bedside lamps and reading lights
- Desk that folds out into a dining table
- Four chairs.
- Small kitchen bench with two burner cooktop, washing up basin, kettle, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery and small refrigerator. The refrigerator has some mini-bar items including water, wine, beer, etc.
- Privacy screen
- French doors with insect screens and opens onto a tiny balcony
- Split system air conditioner
- Double Bed and bedside tables and lamps
- Window that opens and has insect screens
A small bathroom with shower, basin, bidet and toilet.
Breakfast is served on the rooftop terrace accessed by a spiral staircase. The breakfast is very good and includes croissants, pastries, tart, scrambled eggs, coffee, tea, juice.
WIFI is excellent in the B&B.
Aretusa Vacanze B&B, Syracuse – Highly Recommended
We can highly recommend a stay at Aretusa Vacanze B&B – it is clean, comfortable and has an excellent location in the old town. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
16-17 October 2018