Villa Antica Macina B&B is located in Nocelle, a UNESCO World Heritage listed village high above Positano, on the Amalfi Coast of Italy.
We found it a hair-raising bus ride up the steep, winding road to Nocelle – where you feel as though you are on top of the world and the views are spectacular. It’s worth the drive.
Stepping off the bus, there is a man selling freshly made lemonade – delicious! He also sells bus tickets for 1.50 Euros – a bit cheaper than buying them on the bus!
Our wonderful host Amalia came to the bus stop to meet us. She organised our luggage to be delivered to our rooms (by donkey!) and as we walked down through the village to our accommodation passed ancient stone walls, Amalia told us the history of Nocelle.
Villa Antica Macina B&B has three apartments and our group took two of them – the Blue Room and the Green Room.
This is a spacious one-bedroom apartment that has a kitchen/dining room, bathroom and two large terraces with amazing views! It is on the top level of the B&B but the entrance is on street level as the building is terraced down the hillside.
The apartment includes:
- Queen bed and two bedside tables
- Built-in wardrobe
- French doors opening onto two huge terraces with amazing views
- Central heating
- Four burner gas cooktop, oven and microwave
- Toaster, kettle, coffee maker
- Cutlery, crockery, glasses, pots and pans
- Dishwasher, large refrigerator with lots of food supplied
- Shower, basin and vanity, heated towel rail
- Stool, bidet, toilet
- Plenty of towels
- Window with insect screen
This is a spacious two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen, bathroom and balcony.
The apartment features:
- Main bedroom with Queen bed, bedside tables, large built-in wardrobe, dresser and central heating. French doors open to the balcony which has amazing views.
- Second bedroom has a King bed (or 2 singles) plus separate single bed. There is a large wardrobe and small desk in the corner.
- Full-sized kitchen which is well-equipped.
- Dining area with large table and chairs
- Bathroom with shower, basin/vanity, bidet and toilet.
- There are some stairs down to this apartment as the building is terraced down the hill.
This is a one-bedroom garden apartment that we did not have access to. It is on the lowest floor of the building.
Breakfast at Villa Antica Macina B&B
Amalia cooks the most amazing breakfast – a delicious feast included in the price of the accommodation.
Village of Nocelle
Nocelle is at the beginning (or the end – depending on which way you walk) of the Path of the Gods.
There is one restaurant in the village – Ristorante Santa Croce – where we enjoyed a couple of delicious dinners. There is also a kiosk/cafe near the Path of the Gods.
If you are self catering, there is a Mini Market Ristoro “Gli Dei” in the village.
Villa Antica Macina B&B – Highly Recommended
We can highly recommend a stay at Villa Antica Macina. Amalia is a wonderful host and the accommodation is clean, comfortable and spacious. The views are simply amazing. Positano is a 20-minute bus ride away, and the Walk of the Gods is literally on your doorstep.
21-22 October 2018