The Helm’s Inn is very well located – just a few minutes walk from the Inner Harbour, the Empress Hotel and main shopping street of Victoria.
We received a very friendly greeting from the staff on Reception, and plenty of suggestions on where to eat and what to see during our stay in Victoria.
There are three sections to the Helm’s Inn:
- Thunderbird Building – where Reception and lounge is located
- Parkside Building
- Mount Royale Building
This is an all-suite hotel and we had Room 205 in the Mount Royale Building.
We were very happy with our room – it was a large bedroom with two double beds plus a kitchen and bathroom. There were two windows with insect screens – it was great to have fresh air.
The room was well furnished with:
- Small table and two chairs (we used the table as our desk for work)
- Chest of drawers with flat screen television above it.
- Easy chair and small table
- Two double beds and bedside table
The kitchen was along one wall and included:
- Cooktop with two hotplates
- Kettle and toaster
- Good sized refrigerator
- Cuisinart Coffee Maker
- Crockery, cutlery, cooking pots
- Tea bags, coffee, sugar
- Tea towel, dishwashing liquid
The bathroom was a good size and had a shower above the bath. It was a good strong shower with plenty of hot water.
We can highly recommend a stay at Helm’s Inn – it is clean, comfortable, well located just up the hill from the bus station in Douglas Street, and good value for money in an expensive city.
28 May 2018