We found the Toyota Safari Landcruiser 4WD from Britz to be an excellent vehicle for a road trip along the Savannah Way and the Gibb River Road. It was very comfortable and well equipped.
The vehicle was equipped with:
- rooftop tent (sleeps 2) and annex tent (sleeps 3)
- an excellent Engel fridge
- collapsable table and chairs
- 2 burners and gas canisters
- crockery and utensils (including collapsable rectangular washing up bowl)
- non-stick saucepans, collapsable bowl and colander, kettle
- tea towel, scourer and a couple of sachets of dishwashing liquid
- sheets, towels and pillows
- sleeping bags
- self-inflating sleeping mats
- an outside light
- broom and dustpan
The vehicle is set up for five people however we feel five may be a bit of a squeeze. Two or three was fine. There is not a lot of room in the back of the vehicle for luggage (most of the space is taken up with bedding and our food) however there is room on the roof rack for extra bags.
The pull-out awning was very useful for picnic lunches in the heat of the day.
The rooftop tent was comfortable to sleep in however it may be difficult to put up for people who aren’t tall and agile.
The tent was well ventilated with screened windows on all four sides. The ladder from the rooftop tent is inside the annex tent so there is little privacy for those in the annex.
The vehicle was easy to put into 4WD (just a turn of the dial on the front wheels).
Regarding insurance, whilst necessary be aware that it can be quite costly.
We were very happy with the Toyota Safari Landcruiser 4WD from Britz.